Please see below an update from the club's Commemorative Group.
In meetings chaired by club Chaplain Matt Baker a group of supporters and club staff has been discussing the issue of what the club should appropriately offer in terms of opportunities to commemorate individuals (players, supporters, staff, directors) who have died.
The group has:
• Investigated the idea of a memorial wall for inscribed bricks (which can include ashes)
• Investigated placing a book of remembrance in stadium reception
• Received reports on progress on the Seb Lewis memorial
• Reviewed progress on the Pierre Bolangi memorial garden
• Considered whether a general post-Covid memorial event would be appropriate
• Reviewed the club’s policy on match day commemorations
The group are hopeful that initiatives can be brought to fruition in the forthcoming months. Supporters who would be interested to learn more or who would like to make suggestions are invited to contact Richard Wiseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.