Please find below answers to frequently asked questions about CharltonTV.
The club will continue to update this page based on queries from supporters (last update 09/07/2021).
Who can watch pre-season games on CharltonTV?
Any supporter with a…
- Match pass – priced at £5 – access to the match only
- CharltonTV monthly pass – priced at £6.50 per month – access to all pre-season matches, early access to pre-season highlights and one month of access to all on demand content. Live audio commentary of all first team games once competitive season starts
- CharltonTV annual pass – priced at £60 per year - access to all pre-season matches, early access to pre-season highlights and access to all on demand content for 12 months. Live audio commentary of all first team games once competitive season starts
- CharltonTV LIVE annual pass (international only) – priced at £195 - access to all pre-season matches, early access to pre-season highlights and access to all on demand content for 12 months. Live streaming of league games once competitive season starts
If I subscribed when it was called Valley Pass can I still watch?
Yes, as long as your subscription is still active you will be able to watch the pre-season matches.
What is the difference between Valley Pass and CharltonTV?
There is no difference. Valley Pass was rebranded as CharltonTV towards the end of the 2020/21 season. Valley Pass is now called CharltonTV. If you previously purchased a Valley Pass subscription then it will have been carried over to a CharltonTV subscription.
Will the monthly and annual subscriptions automatically renew?
Yes, but you can cancel this at any time.
I am a subscriber but cannot access the live stream. Why not?
- You may not be logged in
- You may be logged into the wrong account
I have purchased an Addicks membership and am entitled to a discounted CharltonTV subscription. How can I get it?
Supporters who purchase an adult Addicks membership or an International Addicks membership will be sent an email with information on their discounted CharltonTV subscription. This email will be sent at 9am the day after the purchase of your membership.
Can I register for CharltonTV without having to purchase a subscription?
Yes, anyone in the world can register for CharltonTV. Registering simply means creating an account. Registering will grant you access to some content but other content, including live streaming, will require a subscription or pay-per-view match pass in order to watch.
Watch the below video to find out how you can register.
I have a registered an account for CharltonTV but I haven’t received an activation email. What should I do?
Please note, the email can take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox. If after a few minutes it has still not arrived, please check the junk folder in your email inbox.
If the email has not arrived in your inbox or junk folder after a few minutes, please email email@example.com.
I’ve tried to reset my password for my account but I haven’t received an email What should I do?
Please check your junk mail. If you are still having problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the season starts, what matches will be available to watch live on CharltonTV?
The club are waiting to receive guidance from the EFL on this. What games can be streamed and in which countries they can be streamed will be an EFL decision.
Prior to the Coronavirus pandemic (when spectators were attending games);
- all matches that weren’t selected for live coverage by Sky Sports or an overseas broadcaster were available to watch live on CharltonTV outside of the UK and Ireland only;
- in the UK and Ireland, Saturday-3pm matches were not available to watch live on CharltonTV;
- midweek matches that weren’t selected for live coverage by Sky Sports or an overseas broadcaster were available to watch live on CharltonTV worldwide;
When spectators return to stadiums, it is possible that live stream availability will return to the above.
Once subscriptions/ match passes become available to purchase, when can I buy them from?
All CharltonTV purchases can be made via this page: https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1
What is a ‘match pass’?
By purchasing a match pass, you will be granted live streaming access to one selected fixture. The price of a match pass in the 2021/22 season will be confirmed in due course.
Match passes will be available to purchase through the above link.
Once I have purchased a subscription or match pass, how do I access the live stream?
There are two ways to watch a CharltonTV live stream: via www.cafc.co.uk or the Valley Pass app.
To download the Valley Pass app for an Apple device, please click here. To download the Valley Pass app for an Android device, please click here.
Please note, you will have to watch via the Valley Pass app if using a tablet or mobile device. You will not be able to watch the live stream without the app.
We would recommend you test your live stream ahead of the game, whether you are using the app or a browser.
How can I test my stream?
Depending on the device you are using, follow the above steps and you should receive a ‘Currently not broadcasting’ message. If you do, then your live stream will play as expected, once the broadcast begins.
I have tried to purchase a subscription/match pass but I get an error saying: "The authentication cookie has not been set".
This is due to Apple disabling cross site tracking by default, please see below steps to resolve:
Safari for Mac:
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- Click the "Safari" menu and choose "Preferences" and then "Privacy"
- Depending on your version of OS:
- Click prevent Cross Site Tracking to disable this setting.
Safari for Mobile or Tablet:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Safari
- Privacy & Security
- Turn the toggle 'Prevent Cross Site Tracking' to 'Off'.
What about if a Charlton game is on Sky Sports?
Prior to the Coronavirus pandemic, if a game was selected by Sky Sports or an overseas broadcaster then the club would only be permitted to live stream that fixture in a small number of countries (where the EFL TV deal is not present).
When this was the case, international supporters with an annual CharltonTV subscription who were in a country that was covered by the EFL’s global TV deal, e.g. the United States, would not be permitted to watch. These fans would have the option to tune into live audio commentary for this selected match.
The club does not anticipate these rules changing in 2021/22, though they have yet to be finalised. Charlton were only selected by Sky Sports or an international broadcaster twice in 2020/21.
Will any Charlton games be available to watch on Sky Sports’ red button in 2021/22?
No Charlton matches were available to watch via the red button in 2020/21 and the club does not expect this to change in 2021/22.
What do I do if I have technical difficulties in the run-up or during the game?
Should you have any technical issues on the day of the game with the stream, please email VPSupport@streamamg.com.